After a hot few weeks, the breezy 75-degree weather was MUCH appreciated. Topped off with a beautiful sunset and one of my best friends as my plus one, it was a great evening!
I LOVE craft beer. It was great to try so many types of beer from breweries all across the country (and world)! Some of my faves:
- Abita Brewing Company (Abita Springs, LA) – Purple Haze: I’m not usually a fruit beer fan, but seeing as it’s summer, this raspberry lager was refreshing!
- 2 Fools Cider (Naperville, IL) – Rosé Cider: I have been wanting to try 2 Fools for a while! Their Rose cider tasted EXACTLY like Rosé wine. It was nice to switch it up from all the beer 😉
- Smylie Brothers Brewing Company (Evanston, IL) – Farmhouse Ale with Pineapple Sage infusion: This was amazing. They took their Farmhouse ale and infused it with pineapple sage. It was really interesting!
- Smuttynose Brewing Company (Hampton, New Hampshire) – Robust Porter: At this point, I heard that some people were making Beer Floats with an ice cream vendor on site. I found the nearest porter and tried it out! An adult take on a root beer float 😉
- Guinness (St. James Gate, Dublin, Ireland) – Extra Stout: Okay, I’ve had this before but I LOVE Guinness. Couldn’t leave them off!!
- Saugatuck Brewing Company (Saugatuck, MI) – Black Cherry Wheat: I was actually at SBC last weekend! I hadn’t tried this, though. Unlike some fruit beers that can be too sweet, this brew had the full cherry flavor without being too overpowering.
All-in-all it was a great night! Thanks again to Windy City Blogger Collective for the free tickets!
What are you favorite craft beers and ciders? Let me know in the comments below what I should try!